Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Flying Solo

Hi Friends!

So clearly I am not going to be able to keep up with "Blog Every Day In May." I hate to say that but with my test this week and traveling to Denver, it is unrealistic to think I am going to be able to blog every day. What was I thinking?

Speaking of Denver. I just landed and it was the first time I have ever flown alone. Gasp!

I hate flying. I am terrified of it. I would prefer to drive everywhere, as crazy as that sounds. Yeah, I know that flying is the safest way to travel... blah blah blah. But still. I like my feet firmly planted on the ground. Unless I am riding a roller coaster. Does that sound backwards to you? I've been told that before.

I am currently sitting in the baggage claim area waiting for my dad that is flying in on a later flight. Have you ever just sat at the airport and "people watched?" Holy cow, there are a lot of strange people out there! I love to just sit and watch everyone scurry around trying to find their loved ones or their luggage. It quite the time. I have already seen two soldiers reunited with their families. It was emotional, I started balling and desperately tried to make it seem like I had something in my eye!

Now I am off to study a little bit. My test is on Thursday and I am taking tomorrow off and not worrying about studying. As far as I am concerned, if I don't know it now, I won't know it then. Il'll try to post some things that I do but expect a large photo dump and a recap when I get home!

In other news. My dog has turned into an alien...


and the unit I work on in the hospital has acquired a pet. Meet Mr. Bubby. We have noticed he greatly improves the mood of our patients. And we like that!


1 comment:

  1. It's intimidating and scary flying alone for the first time.

    ReplyDelete