Monday, May 20, 2013

Colorado Part I

I was told before coming out to Colorado that I would love it here and never want to go back home. Well they were right, I absolutely fell in love with this state!

Day 1:
My dad and I both arrived and went to our hotel. We were not impressed with the hotel. It was a lot little dumpy and we decided that night to change hotels. Before that we hit the town and explored Denver. We went to a local aquarium... we are spoiled in Boston with the Boston Aquarium but the Denver Aquarium was exciting as well. We then grabbed dinner and a movie and headed back to the hotel for a good sleep. It was a perfect father-daughter bonding day.






Day 2:
We got up early and got out of the first hotel and went and checked in at our new hotel. It was like going from homeless to the Taj Mahal. We were extremely happy we changed hotels. Not to mention the service was much better! After checking into our new hotel we went out for a nice river walk and then to the biggest Starbucks I have ever seen. Once caffeinated it was off to the Denver Zoo. Unfortunately I don't have all my zoo pictures at this time because they are on my camera and I still don't have my cable. Don't fret, I will be sure to post pictures of all the cute animals at a later date.

the Taj Mahal of hotels









Day 3:
EXAM DAY! I woke up early, nerves already setting in, had a well balanced breakfast and was off to take my test. The one reason I came to Denver was finally here. Shaking? Yes. Panicking? Yes. Confident? Yes. But, I knew it was now or never and I was confident in how I prepared. 6 weeks, I have to wait 6 weeks to know how I did. May the grace of God be with me. Keep your fingers crossed!

While I was taking my exam, My dad went to the airport and picked up the boyfriend. When I finished they picked me up and off to the Rocky Mountains we went. One word... beautiful!! It was amazing. I found myself pinching my arm making sure I wasn't dreaming. The mountains were so pretty and snow capped. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.






my favorite!

Gorgeous huh?

I'll be back tomorrow with part II.

1 comment: