Thursday, May 2, 2013

Class Is In Session

Today's topic for the May challenge is to educate your blog readers about something.

So I sat here brainstorming different things I could teach you guys and absolutely nothing came to mind. I don't really know anything worth educating you guys about.

So instead of teaching you guys anything useful, I figured I share my newest DIY project with you guys and let you know how its done. It is extremely detailed so pay attention closely! (I am just kidding, it is super easy!)

Home Is Where The Heart is frame:
(my pictures came out really dark, I apologize!)


Step 1: gather your materials


  • picture frame (I used a floating wall frame that I picked up at Wal-Mart for $4.29)
  • card stock (I chose a light lavender color to match my room theme)
  • white out pen

Step 2: print an outline of your state and cut out the outline. Trace the outline on the card stock.


Step 3: use the white out pen and trace over your state outline. Then add a heart where your home town is. I grew up in two places since my parents are divorced, hence the two hearts on my picture.


Step 4: trim down the card stock to fit your frame and put it somewhere in your house!

So difficult huh? I saw this idea on Pinterest and I thought it was a perfect project that will always remind me where home is, no matter where I go in life.

Do you feel a little more educated? Good, you should!

No comments:

Post a Comment