Monday, April 15, 2013

My Boston

Boston holds a special place in my heart. 
For me it is the city of love. 

My boyfriend and I always spend our most precious holidays tromping around the city.
Birthdays, V-Day, Anniversaries, all spent taking in the sights of Boston.


Even on a hazy day it is magnificent.
 
Today, I fear Boston. It is a terrible feeling.
I was sitting at work and watching the news headlines
"Terror in Boston" "Bombings in Boston!"

two thoughts entered my head...
1. "Oh Lord, those poor runners and the faithful fans"
2. "OMG where is my boyfriend and two best friends!"
Pure panic. I was shaking, my palms were clammy.
How could this happen?

Fortunately Mike and my two BFFS are safe. My friends Paige and Courtney were both in the city near the explosions. Scary for everyone. They are shaken up but both safe and that is all we can ask for.

My thoughts and prayers are with all the victims and their families.
Congratulations to every runner in the Boston Marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment