Thursday, January 10, 2013

Made in America

You know the song "Made in America" by Toby Keith? No? Well if not, you should listen to it! It's an amazing song. I always find myself getting teary eyed while listening to it. The reason I get so emotional is because I have a lot of friends in the military fighting for our country. I am proud to be an American and I learned a lot of American history from my Dad. He would have "Dad's American History" lesson while we were driving in the car, and eating dinner, and watching TV, and... and... really, it never ended. Because of dad's "history lessons" I learned what it meant to be proud of my country. And I cannot be more proud of this young man, fighting for our country and keeping us safe.


This is Travis and he is a United States Marine. Travis is my adopted brother. Not literally but figuratively. He is the brother of my best friend - who is also named Courtney, pictured below in the black Northface. You will read more about her in future posts, trust me - and we are all one big happy family. I remember when he was like four feet tall... it wasn't that long ago. He still seems too young to be a Marine, but the truth is... he loves his job and we are so, so proud of him. I must also brag for him - he received the "Iron Man" award when he graduated from basic training. So proud of you Trav!


Travis and Courtney (not me.. my best fried)


Today, Travis left on his first deployment. I have no doubt that he is going to do a great job and although it is going to be a long deployment for his family and friends, we are so blessed to have him keeping us safe!


We love you Travis! Be safe and come home soon!

1 comment:

  1. Prayers for Travis, and all of your friends and families serving in the military or have someone serving! What a sweet post!

    ReplyDelete