Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Love Story

In honor of Valentine's Day, I thought I would share the story of how I met my Valentine.


This story begins back in my senior year of high school. My boyfriend and I had just broken up. I was devastated and in true high school drama fashion, had sworn off boys. I had just been accepted to college and I was going to be single! Yea, that lasted all of a month. Insert this cutie!

Yes, his blue eyes still give me butterflies
Mike was your typical high school jock (sorry honey). While sitting in class one day, my best friend yells "Hey Courtney, would you want to go to prom with Kyle's friend Mike?" Her boyfriend (Kyle) at the time went to the private high school in town. His friend (Mike) happened to be dateless to prom. "SURE!" I practically screamed across the classroom. And so it began.

We went on our first date. A double date mini golfing. He was late. I didn't care, he was HOT! I fell in love quick and hard. As it should be in high school. His prom still goes down in the books as one of my favorite days ever.


p.s. that pip-squeak kid in the background is my BIG BAD MARINE, Travis. You can read about him here.

Coincidentally Mike and I had been accepted to the same college. We went to school. Had a blast ( I still cry while reminiscing). He was the hockey player. I was the faithful girlfriend in the stands. After a few concussions and injuries he decided to hang up the skates. I whole heartedly support him for making such a hard decision. A sad day had by all.


We loved. We fought. We laughed. We kissed. We partied. We studied. We fell more in love.


We graduated as a stronger couple. We are still going strong. I love him for making me a better person and continually supporting me. He gets me every time he says "I just want you to be happy, that is all." What a good guy. Thank you Michael for being my best friend and partner in crime. I love you.




No comments:

Post a Comment