Monday, March 18, 2013

Moving and Over The Weekend

As I was taking a leisurely sunny drive through my hometown today and thinking to myself "it's so darn beautiful around here" it occurred to me that I am moving in less than a week. And that's when it happened... sheer panic. Yup, full blown panic attack in the car on the way to work. Tears, accelerated heart beat, shortness of breath and OMG OMG OMG running through my head. Come on Court, your on your way to work, get a grip!

But I can't help it, I am an anxious person to begin with. I am so excited to start my new job and live somewhere new. And by "live" I really mean "move in with Dad and Step mom for the time being." I am looking forward to all the new things I am going to experience and spend such quality time with my dad, something I have never really had the opportunity to do. but I can't help but feel like I'm losing something as well. I know that once I move next week, it is highly likely I will not move back home with my Mom. I will save up money and get my own place. And that is something that is hard for me to think about. I have always lived with my mom and she is my best friend. I feel like I see-saw between emotions. Sometimes I feel like I am a young adult and should start living a more independent life on my own, and then I have moments where I don't think I could live on my own at this point. It's definitely a time of transition.

There isn't really a good segway into my weekend review but lets just say, it made me completely forget about moving and being an adult. I spend the weekend hanging out with my roommates from college. Everyone came back home this past weekend and we lived it up. Insert photo dump.

Friday night we went out for drinks. An impromptu bar hop around town.




bloopers:

And here is the sure sign of a good night... the droopy drunk eyes.

Saturday we did some damage at the outlets. Holy sales, thank the retail gods!


No comments:

Post a Comment